AIB Green Individual
A savings account in EGP for Egyptian individuals living in Egypt.
Who is it for?
- Egyptian individuals living in Egypt.
- Minimum amount to open the account: 1000 EGP.
- Interest rate: 5%, paid monthly.
- Interest calculation: the interest is calculated on the minimum account balance during the month (provided that the balance is not less than the minimum amount of opening the account) and is credited to the account at the end of the month.
- The start date of calculating the interest: from the business day following the date of opening the account.
- There is no fee for opening the account.
How to apply:
- Visit your nearest branch and our customer service representatives will gladly assist you. To find the nearest branch please visit Find US.
- - Opening the account: Free.
- - To review all fees and charges, please visit Schedule of Charges.
- A copy of a valid national ID card, making sure that the photo is clear and signing on the photo as a “true copy”.
- Fill out an account opening application.
- If the place of residence/correspondence address recorded in the account opening application form differs from the address stated in the customer’s national ID card, the following shall be followed:
- - Obtaining documents proving the place of residence (if possible), for example one of the utility bills (electricity - water - gas - phone) or a property contract or a lease contract.
- What is the maximum balance for the account?
The maximum balance is 1 million two hundred thousand Egyptian pounds.
- Is it possible to convert this account to a traditional AIB account?
Yes, after completing all the necessary documents and completing a KYC (Know Your Customer) form.
- What are the permitted banking transactions?
- Cash withdrawal and deposit.
- Time deposit/ Certificates.
- Secured loan against the deposits/ Certificates.
- Transfers may be made to another account in a local bank and no transfers may be carried internationally.
- Check books are not issued.
- Issuance of secured credit cards.
- Issuance of debit cards on the account (once the account is opened).
- Issuance of prepaid cards (charged by the bank and not linked to the account).
- Prepaid cards in Egyptian pounds can be used online.
- Registration of participation in Online banking service is through the bank's branches only, and it enables to view the account balances only.
*Terms and conditions apply.